Ashville Lodge, Ashville Road, Birkenhead,
Friday, 26th June 2015, at 1.00 p.m.
A G E N D A*
- Opening remarks by the Patron (Prof. Ian Grierson) or Chairperson (Susan Hadley).
- Roll Call and Apologies for Absence.
- To receive the minutes of the meeting held on 27th June 2014 (enclosed).*
- Matters arising from the minutes.
- To receive and approve the Treasurer’s financial report and statement of accounts for 2014/15 (enclosed).
- Staff reports on the Society’s activities in 2014/15 (enclosed):
- Election of Directors
To consider nominations for the re-election or replacement of the directors due to retire, but eligible for re-election for a further three-year term, and to confirm the appointment of one director co-opted during the year to fill a casual vacancy.
Note: All candidates must be full members of the Society who have been nominated in writing by 12 noon on 8th June 2015. Voting (if required) will be by show of hands but a secret ballot will be held at the discretion of the Chairperson, or if two members request it. Candidates’ profiles* are enclosed.
8. Election of Officers:
To consider nominations by the board of directors (and any further nominations received in writing by 12 noon on 8th June 2015) for the following positions:
(a) Chairperson (Susan Hadley)
(b) Vice-Chairperson (Alan Dodd)
(c) Company Secretary (Harry Jones)
(d) Secretary to Directors (Lynda Sedgwick)
(e) Treasurer (Daryl Vickers)
Voting (if required) will be by show of hands but a secret ballot will be held at the discretion of the Chairperson, or if two members request it.
To authorise the directors, in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Company, to consider and approve written applications from full members to fill any casual vacancies arising during the year.
10. General questions from the Floor (not relating to items specifically listed for consideration).
11. Close of meeting.
(1) Copies of this agenda and the items marked with an asterisk (*) can be supplied in braille or audio formats. Please contact Ashville Lodge on 652 8877.
(2) Only full members of the Society (including joint or family members) will be entitled to vote at this meeting upon production of a current membership or voting card. Proxy votes will be permitted provided written notification is received by the Company Secretary no later than 12 noon on Thursday, 25th June 2015.